Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

498a victim (Self employed)     12 January 2015

Remedies available if a top lawyer refuses to represent?

Hi,

My family has hired a top high court lawyer in Madhya Pradesh for representing us in the 482 petition to quash proceedings against us in a false 498a case. AB was granted in August last year. Since then, he has been making one excuse or the other to represent us on the dates of hearing on the matter. We were made to reconcile (settle) by an HC judge with the (soon to be) ex-wife's family by giving them a lump sum in two installments, one at the time of filing the MCD petition at the local family court and her submitting an affidavit to the local SP about withdrawing her charges and having no interest in any further criminal proceedings against my family and I and the second at the time of appearing for the second motion hearing at the local family court.

Is there any option available to get out of this situation? He is a top lawyer in this high court, therefore we may not be able to find another lawyer to represent my family in this case and attract his disdain. Moreover, the process in this HC is that we need to get NOC from the current lawyer before getting another to sign a vakalatnama with us. Can we represent ourselves without having to receive NOC from this lawyer?

Learning

1 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     12 January 2015

No. it is filed by your lawyer. so take NOC from him then you can do as you like. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register