Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Suresh Gujuluva (nil)     11 January 2015

Vacate criminal tenant

Hi,

I am locating in a prime locality in Chennai. We rented the first floor of our building. we did not check the antecedent of the tenants. Tenant told that he is doing cable TV business.  He had some problem with his business partner and he had threaten to kill his business associate. he was absconding. Police were enquiring his whereabouts . they informed us to inform them  immediately to the local police station. he did not turn up for a couple of months . after two months , he came back to the house. we informed to the police. police said that his business associate has withdrawn the case . so there is no issues. after two month, tenant had murder his business associate. again police came to our place and informed that he had committed a crime and has been arrested in goondas act.  tenant wife came to me with her lawyer and informed me that she is planning to vacate the place. Her lawyer advised us to refund some amount of advance and he assured us that he would definite help us in vacating the premises. initially we were  hesitant to give money. some friends advised me to give some part of advance so that she can find another house. after many discussions , we paid her 60 % of the advance through NEFT. she took some utensils and furniture. she has not remove AC , refrigerator and electical devices. she promised us that she would bring AC mechanic and remove the AC.

she did not turn up after that. we called up her lawyer many times and he does not respond. now the advance is getting exhausted . both of them are not responding.

we checked with our friends. this would be a civil case and it would take long time to get processed. i am experiencing sleepless nights.

what is the best possible course in vacating the criminals.

Learning

1 Replies

M.Sheik Mohammed Ali (advocate)     11 January 2015

very simple take legal steps and send legal notice to tenant and file RCOP Case against them,

with aforesaid fact and problems. if you file and get exparte order you will vacate the house.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register