LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Eswaran (Consultant)     10 January 2015

Land encroachment - seeks legal advice

I need your advice on land encroachment case. Still we haven't filed any legal case yet. 3 years before i bought a land. My neighbor occupied 64 sqFt land. Now the worth of this part is Rs.75000 as per Govt. rate. This encroachment is happended unknowningly. Concerned neighbor constructed building in the front part of his land and remaining part is a plot where my part of land occupied more. We are ready to get money for the occupied land. But neighbor is not responding properly. We have District surveyor map with encroachment details. Please suggest a better way to handle this matter. How long this case may go for judgement?. How much i need to spend through out the case duration?  

Learning

3 Replies

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     11 January 2015

Dear, Initially try to settle the matter ambically, if they don't listen to your request then send them a legal notice for not to encroach and file a complaint against them to the concerned department regarding the encroachment .... Kapil chandna Adv 9899011450

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     11 January 2015

Dear, Initially try to settle the matter ambically, if they don't listen to your request then send them a legal notice for not to encroach and file a complaint against them to the concerned department regarding the encroachment .... Kapil chandna Adv 9899011450

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     15 January 2015

If all the efforts for an amicable settlement fails to invoke proper response you may file suit for mandatory injunction as well as ejectment and possession.  Put your efforts sincerely because the litigation may run for years once in court.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register