Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

aaradhna (writer)     09 January 2015

How to add my maiden surname to my childs bc (6years old)

Hello

the birth certificate which i have got for my 6 years old child does not bear neither my surname nor my husband's surname. So in hospital papers based on which we got the BC has only our maiden names. I also while suggesting name of my child for school purpose only told the corporation  people to include a name Sameer only as i thought i will add my surname after wards during his school admission as every school is first asking for BC to give any admission form. 

Now the problem is i am not staying in with my husband since last 2 1/2 years due to some unbearable conditions and he also never made any attempt to contact me ever since then. I stay with my only son who is now going to be six years old. On my pan card and voter i card only my first name is there. In my bank account too only surname is there as after marriage he asked me to not write my maiden surname as then only he will get these important documents made for me that too on my father's repetitive insistence. The corporation is saying they can't change my name from aaradhna to aaradhna gupta as on pan cardand voter i card there is only first name. 

Now on my all educational records as well as professional work experience certificates after marriage my maiden surname is mentioned. So what should i do ?

should i got my surname added in my pan card and bank account too?

can I still safely add my maiden surname to my child's name during his admission

Does because of birth certificate only aaradhna will appear on his class x marksheet or aaradhna Gupta will appear

whether i can write sameer gupta in admission form?

Plz help me i am in great dilemma as my friends as saying that these all can entangle me for ever in legal hassles. 

Learning

3 Replies

Advocate Rohit (Advocate)     11 January 2015

Just Relax, You may apply at State Gazzette office for change of name. once that is done in the gazzatted copy, you may need to re-apply for same pan number by enclosing copy of the gazzette before the concerned authority. You can also use this for your child birth certificate problem in the school. Further, you may contact on the below given number for legal assistance.

Regards

Advocate Rohit Dalmia

Mumbai

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     14 January 2015

You say that your son's name in the birth certificate is without surname, as also your name  is without surname in the said certificate.  You have proof to prove that your name is without surname. Why do you insist on his surname now?  Well if you so much interested in adding a surname after his name, you may have to apply for change of name through government gazette by following th necessary procedures/formalities in that regard.

aaradhna (writer)     15 January 2015

Thanks for all the replies. I am insisting on adding a surname because even after marriage in all my official documents like joining letter , experience letter, my name has been aaradhna gupta only. people know me with this name only since my birth so naturally i would like to add my surname to my child.

i have applied to change my name from aaradhna  to aardhna gupta in my pan card a few days back based on my education certificates (master degree) which bear my photo as well as my  full name. I just want to know that whether while enrolling my son in school for class 1 can i write sameer gupta and in mother's section aaradhna gupta??? 

If yes or no and if yes will in class X ADMIT CARD it will be only my first name and his first name as in birth certificate or not. i am thinking of applying for aadhar card and driving licence too after getting pan card. 

If no why ??

Thanks in advance.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register