LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

manjunath   06 January 2015

Eligibility of gratuity

I have completed 18 years of continuous service in Government of India before changing my job through a proper channel, to some other organization.

Am I

(i) eligible for gratuity, if I am a CPF optee?

(ii) eligible for continuity of services?

Regards

Learning

8 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     07 January 2015

Yes. You are eligible subject to the good conduct in the previous departments. It means No issues of memos against your conduct and sincerely in your previous services. 

PRATHYUSH (Test Engineer)     07 January 2015

Dear Sir, 

My name is Prathyush and working in private software company.I joined this company on 7th July 2010. I am working regularly in this company. This company has 5 days working in a week. Now I am in Notice Period and my releaving date from this  organization is on 27th Feb 2014. Will I entitle for gratuity/eligible after working above time period ?.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     07 January 2015

An employee who has rendered not less than five years of service becomes entitled to gratuity on his superannuation or on his retirement or resignation or on his death or disablement.

• if for the said period of one year he has worked for one hundred and ninety days in the case of an employee employed below the ground in a mine or in an establishment which works for less than six days in a week and two hundred and forty days in any other case;

Kumar Doab (FIN)     07 January 2015

Between 07 Jul 2010-27Feb2014: You won't complete even 4 years hence you shall not be eligible.

If the establishment works for 5days/week you need to render 4Y190D unintruptted service to be eligible. 

Sorry its my mistake actually the Leaving Date is 27/Feb/2015 

and Joing Date  is 07/Jul/2010 

Please suggest ...

and this 190 Days is the Working Day ? or Days including Saturdays/Sunday and Holidays ? 

Kumar Doab (FIN)     07 January 2015

This query has been discussed in other thread in which  you  have posted at:

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Gratuity-eligibility-confusion-with-working-days-103462.asp#.VK0zzsuUcqM

and other threads suggested to you in above mentioned thread....

Jai Karan Nagwan (consultant)     07 January 2015

Dear Experts, please don't entertain repeated queries, if so mark repeated in response.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register