Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Murali (Senior Software Engineer)     05 January 2015

Landlord unwilling to refund my security deposit

Dear Experts,
I joined into a lease agreement for 11 months and after 4 months I give 2 months notice to the landlord for vacating the house due to deficiency in service and personal reason. As per the agreement tenancy could be vacated by giving 2 months prior notice. But the landlord is of the opinion that tenant can't vacate the house before 11 months, Moreover he is saying he will deduct 2 months rent amount without possessing the property as notice period and one month rent amount for painting charges. I had an argument with the landlord and he is not refunding my security deposit of Rs. 70000. as per agrement owner can deduct one month rent as paintingcharges, but in agrement he didn't mentioned that "if i vacate the house before 11 months i should pay 2 months rent extra like that", Now after deducting one month rent as painting charges he should give me back 60K back. instead of that owner is saying he will give me 40K ?? , Can anyone please tell me what is the detailed procedure for filling suit against landlord not refunding security deposit. Or if any better legal course available for immediate solution e.g. consumer foum etc. Also will any Police complaint is required against the erring landlord.

Thanks a lot in advance..
Regards

Murali

Learning

1 Replies

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     16 January 2015

Dear,

First of all send a legal notice claiming your money. Thereafter if nothing happens then only file a complaint against him for Criminal Breach of Trust.  

Kapil Chandna Adv

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register