LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sanjeev (Team Leader)     16 December 2014

Ppf account related

Hi I have contributed to my wife PPF account from January 2009 and has all proofs.Now she has filed for divorce as well as maintenance.Hearing is going on from past 3 months.The total cash deposit is as of now is 2 Lacs & the partial money can be withdrawn now and eligible amount is 49000=00 as on today.I want to file a case or make an arrangement in such a way that she should not withdraw from the PPF account.Is there any way that I can accomplish this ?

Thanks for your reply

SANJEEV SANIKOP

Learning

5 Replies

gautam (not disclosed)     16 December 2014

you cannot do that, it is her money now.

if it is cash deposit, u can not even prove, that u gave money

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     17 December 2014

yes it is her account and

from her account you cannot request the court that your wife cannot withdraw the amount  

Sanjeev (Team Leader)     19 December 2014

Thanks for your reply. But I have all proofs of online cash transfer & she's house wife. I claimed tax benefits for the same

Sanjeev (Team Leader)     19 December 2014

Thanks for your reply. But I have all proofs of online cash transfer & she's house wife. I claimed tax benefits for the same

amitk   19 December 2014

Divorce case and PPF account are two separate things. 

You gave her money when you were married. It is now her money. No matter how much proof you have. It's hers.

As far as PPF account goes, if the account is in her name, she has right to withdraw from it according to PPF rules set by Govt of India. You cannot prevent her from withdrawal.

So my friend, the money is gone. It is best to forget about it, and get on with life. Sorry, but its a bitter truth.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register