Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sagar (b)     10 December 2014

Non bailable warrant

Respected Lawyers,
                                      A Domestic violence case against me filed in 2009 is stayed by the High court since 2011, but it has come to my knowledge that the magistrate has issued Non bailable warrant 3 days back.
I would like to  know whether issuing NBW in a stayed case is possible , kindly share knowledge related  to NBW in DV case.

Learning

1 Replies

(Guest)

If you would have observed, the stay given in HC will of be limited period.  Its usually 18 days or 21 days.  After such period, you will have to go for appeal again in HC for stay extension.  If not, which appears to be the case, magistrate will issue NBW for non-compliance of order/non-appearance in court when warrant was issued [which ever might be the case].  As in your case, NBW has been issued, you wont get bail at all, if you get caught, you will be arrested and sent to jail, and you will have to keep applying for bail until such date magistrate takes pity on you and grants bail.  All this is fault of your lawyer.  Better change existing lawyer.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register