LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ashu (basic)     04 December 2014

Fir not registered by police

Hello, my sister died due to poison.I known & got correct information from relative& other that my sister's husband hand in the death.Then I filed complaint in police station to file FIR against her husband but they denied that & told me now the AD case is going on so, can't file the FIR for the same. In this case from last 3 months I am keeping the watch on my ex brother in law with my friends from Nagpur , his movement is suspicious & I know he did all the things. After 1 month of her death I file rit petition in high court to provide the direction to file FIR against him under IPC302 & it is ongoing. But I know police got the money from him & that's why they are denying to file FIR & investigation too. please provide any suggestion regarding above query.

Learning

12 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     04 December 2014

One can only file complaint, and the copy given by authorities is First Information Report.  If you have already filed complaint, you are entitled to FIR copy as a right.  Almost all police depts., have to place FIR in their website.

If you have not yet filed complaint, please file it immediately under copy to Supdt., of Police and wait for a month, and then file application seeking information on action taken on your complaint and also seek copy of FIR.

Ashu (basic)     05 December 2014

Hello, Thanks for the reply. I have already filed complaint 2 months ago, but till date I haven't receive the FIR copy from police, that's why we went to high court to provide the direction to file FIR against the person. Also I have given 3 times copy to commissioner of police but no action taken by police. I am following up with them but I always get the answer like AD investigation going on so, can't file the FIR. Any suggestion what needs to do next.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     08 December 2014

So you may pressurise the writ petition for an expeditious disposal through your advocate and wait for the outcome based on which further course of action can be decided.

Biswanath Roy (Advocate)     08 December 2014

Rightly advised by Learned Mr. Kalaiselvan, I agree with him. Mail your complaint addressed to the Commissioner of Police on-line and request him to treat the complaint as F.I.R for future reference.

Ashu (basic)     09 December 2014

Thanks for providing supportive reply. last week High court given direction to go to lower court (Magistrate) for direction to file FIR.I had given 3 times complaint to police station as well as to commissioner of police to file the FIR against the person but still there is no reply from police authority. They informed me that AD investigation is going on so, they can't file the FIR. Now I need to know further course of action I need to do from my side so, that at least police can file the FIR.

abhisheksinghadvocate (advocate at lucknow)     14 January 2015

file Application U/s 156(3) Cr.P.C. before magistrate, But before this give that application (Complaint) to S.S.P. of concerned district.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     14 January 2015

You have already done what ever you can, but very very late.  Now continue your efforts and enlist support of Womens' organisations that may help you, as they have seen several instances and are a collective force.

Ashu (basic)     15 January 2015

Hello, Thank you abhishek & Prasad for your valuable reply. I am in process to file the application under U/s 156(3) Cr.P.C. before magistrate. I would like to ask you what is the benefit to give application to SP or CP before magistrate? Because I have already given 3 application or complaint to CP then I went to High court but no response from them. I will contact woman organisation for there support in my case.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     15 January 2015

We can not do everything expecting positive results but certain basic formalities must be adhered to.  If the matter appears before Court, all your efforts to avoid litigation and to get things in normal course are reflected in the correspondence.  I do not know whether there is a scope for filing contempt petition for not commencing investigation, and whether there are any rules specifying the period within which investigation has to be completed in each case in your state.   Some states have prescribed time frame.

abhisheksinghadvocate (advocate at lucknow)     15 January 2015

If you have already given the application to S.S.P. then there is no need to give at now. That is A LEGAL formality before go to the court. If P.S. has not registered your FIR then we have to give that application to S.S.P. and if no action is taken then only we have the right to go in Section 156(3).

Ashu (basic)     07 May 2015

After filing complaint to JMFC court, order given by court to lauch FIR & do the detail investigation. after 1 & 1/2 month PS file the FIR but not doing any investigation & not arrested the accuse. He is trying for his bail in JMFC court, they rejected then he went to high court & they given interim bail.but still there is no investigation doing by  Polce station.What i can do to change the investigation agency.I given the complaint for same to CP office but no result.

Biswanath Roy (Advocate)     07 May 2015

File an application u/s.200 Cr.PC before  Chief Judicial Magistrate . Consult and take help from any local lawyer..

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register