Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Swarupa (N/A)     04 December 2014

Spell change in birth certificate

Hello , 

This is Swarupa. We want to change the spelling of my Son's Name from Nidhish to Nidheesh  in Birth

Certificate. Is it possible?  If it is possible, Kindly let me know the procedure for it. He was born in Andhra

Pradesh ( Rajahmundry) on 27-04-2012.

Thanking You,

Swarupa.

Learning

4 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     04 December 2014

The procedure is very easy.  You have to call on Citizen charter at Rajamundry Municipality (or corporation) and they will provide you prescribed application for modifications/changes, and you have to fill that properly, fees and give notarised affidavit duly signed by two gazetted officers.

If you are capable and having links, it will be provided by evening, if submitted forms are in order otherwise, you can collect it from Meeseva Center or same municipal corporation or after one week.

sumit kumar (N/A)     04 December 2014

Hi,

I want to know how to change the date of Birth in the certificate. Actually, here i am trying to make a point that how a difference came in the date of birth in my case and at the same time in my friend’s case although we belong to the same age group. According to my family I am one week elder to my friend. According to documents, we both have different date of birth in the certificates (school, college etc.). My friend’s DOB is 9 January 1979 and mine is  25 January 1975. it means there is 4 years of difference in our respective DOB.

I belong to a very poor family and my parents are illiterate and landless farmer. The Primary school head master had written the above mentioned DOB.  Because of these above mentioned reasons or circumstances, i would like to proceed for legal procedure to get my actual date of birth certificate. I would like to change 25 -01-1975 to 16 -01- 1979 DOB in 10th class certificate in U. P. board  Allahabad in -1994.  please advise me.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     08 December 2014

@Sumit Kumar:  Do you have the original birth certificate in your possession?, if so, what is the date mentioned in it?, is it tallying to the school certificate or the one you have told here?   At this belated stage you cannot correct the DOB in school certificate except to file a declaratory suit declaring your correct date of birth as per the birth certificate and get a direction form the court to the educational authorities to correct the same in the school certificates.

Swarupa (N/A)     15 December 2014

@ Kalaiselvan : Thank you So much Sir

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register