Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Navaneetha (SWE)     29 November 2014

Husband asconding to usa from april2014

hi 

This is regarding my sister (she is wroking) in India, Married on May,2013. they lived together for 10 months..Her husband left her in India 8 months ago (April) and absconded to USA without telling her (he sent mail a week after), while she was at my moms place after a miscarriage in  March. He works in Seattle on L1. Since then he is not contact on phone, or no response to emails. her inlaws kept saying he went to usa without telling them ..he will come back in Oct. her inlaws donot let her stay with them. Though she tried she has been pushed out of the house which was brought to local police notice. But we did not lodge any case as the matter is sensitive and once case is filed egos will be hurt and no possibility for people o change. After Oct  realised all this is a trick to buy off time and she wanted to talk to her husband what made him to this. she applied for a Visa B1/B2 and came to Seattle USA  on 12,Nov, where her husband stays he met twice and he says there is no problem we are incompatible and he refuses to talk  or picks calls since then. We kept on waiting beig optimistic things might chnage.. divorce is a shock to our family and we really donot want it. She is requesting the guy let us stay in USA together for a month and see if things are good. For whicj he refuses. He is completely manipuated by his family and and now he made his mind.he says he will come to india soon and file a divorce. but unable to trust him. The friction they were having is quite natural in any family and this guy took it to another extreme which is worsend by his family. My sister suffered a lot of mental trauma these 8 months. Now we are realising this guy will not chnage. Could you please let me know if she can file a case in Seattle/ she can demand shelter from him there till the day he returns to India soon, because we suspect he will procrastinate the topic few months and get his H1 and abscond. She has his passport copy and marriage certificate

Learning

4 Replies

Adv.Vandana Vaidya (Advocate & Regd. Patent Attorney)     29 November 2014

First thing is, jot down all the points and ask your sister to speak with her husband and just threaten him. Points are: your sister will report to US Police and file an FIR, she will report the US embassy to extradite him and file for his expelling him out of that country, inform his office where he is working about his behavior.  If after this he is not willing to take her of co-operate with her, then your sister must report to the police in US and let them take action against him.

Adv. Chandrasekhar (Advocate)     29 November 2014

I can't tell whether USA law is more beneficial than Indian laws. But in India she has got remedies for her problems. Decide whether u want to resort to law n if so then contact good advocate to get relief.

Thanks for reply. Hi Vandana Mam Thanks for let me know that. He is not scared of any threats and he keeps saying do what ever she can. Can she file a case in USA though she is on b1/b2. She is planning to come back to india and before that we are checking if she can do anything there. Is it better to consult a attorney there ? Or can she directly go to police, requesting him to provide shelter to her for her stay.

Thanks for reply. Hi Vandana Mam Thanks for let me know that. He is not scared of any threats and he keeps saying do what ever she can. Can she file a case in USA though she is on b1/b2. She is planning to come back to india and before that we are checking if she can do anything there. Is it better to consult a attorney there ? Or can she directly go to police, requesting him to provide shelter to her for her stay.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register