Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Guest (n/a)     21 November 2014

Data Bank for Independent Directors and Women Directors

Descriptttion: cid:image001.png@01CF9D25.CB91BB30

Dear Sir / Madam,

Greetings from ASSOCHAM !

The Companies Act 2013 (the Act), provides for appointment of Independent Directors on the Board of Listed as well as certain specified unlisted public companies [i.e. unlisted public companies having a. paid-up share capital of Rs. 10 crores or more; or b. turnover of 100 crores or more; or c. aggregate outstanding loans, debentures and deposits, exceeding Rs. 50 crores]. The Act also provides for appointment of Women Director on Board of Companies having a. paid up capital of Rs. 100 Crores or more; or b. turnover of Rs. 300 Crores or more.

The above provisions in the new Act creates a requirement for a sizeable number of Independent Directors and Women Directors. This is a good opportunity for persons who are interested to be appointed as directors on boards of various companies.

We at ASSOCHAM are taking an initiative to create and maintain a data bank of persons willing and eligible to act as Independent Directors or Women Directors.  The companies, which are required to appoint the Independent or Women Directors, may select the suitable persons from this data bank.

We request all those who are interested to be appointed as directors and wish to apply for inclusion of their name in this data bank, to be maintained by ASSOCHAM, to provide information, in the attached format, as prescribed under the Companies (Appointment and Qualification of Directors) Rules, 2014.

You may please also be informed that the MCA is in the process of notifying Form DIR-1, which may seek information similar to the attached format, which once notified will be emailed to the members.

Kindly send your entry on vidit.rai@assocham.com.

For further query kindly contact 

Vidit Rai (+91-9811547805)

Learning

1 Replies

DR.VEDULA GOPINATH (ADVOCATE AND CORPORAE ADVISOR)     23 November 2014

dear sir

I am already registered with Ministry of corporate affairs for Independent Directors.

I am interested in having my candidacy in your list of

Independent directors aspirants also.

I am sending my details herewith for your kind consideration.

regards

sincerely

dr vedula gopinath   vgnath@gmail.com    m 9866013121

Attached File : 32989302 achievementsgopinath.pdf, 32989302 achievementsgopinath (1).docx downloaded: 130 times

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register