Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sanjay Arora (business)     09 November 2014

Joint family property

Hi
     My father has 6000 yards of self Acquired property. In our joint family there are our parents, eldest brother's family (his wife, son, daughter-in-law, grandson), elder brother's family (his wife, son, daughter-in-law, grandson) and my family (my wife and son).
My father is favoring the eldest son. In this case if my father has to divide the property what are the options. Can he decide to give more to eldest son. If so can this be questioned in the court. I am the younger son and can I demand my father to divide the property equally to all the brothers.

Does my father has the right not to divide the property amongst the 3 brothers. 
Our joint business has been totally closed. Now we all have no source of income at all. On the other hand we dont have enough money to start a new business. All the money is in our father's hand and he is not co-operating us.

I am very upset.

Please suggest

Learning

2 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     09 November 2014

as per your query, the property is self acquired by your father.  so it is his will to divide the property among his family or he has right to give to the others who may not be relatives.  you cannot question regarding this.  you request your father to divide the property as advised by the family elders and well wishers of your family.  however consult a lawyer of your area.

SANTOSH M.BHOITE (executive Director)     10 November 2014

sir,

A 1 Acre land of agriculture in the name of x and y brothers in which y brother has been sold his hissa to peoples in gunthewari like 3, 5,7 guntha but there is no any watani patra agreement has been done with x and y , the x is approching to us for purchase his hissa , can we purchase his hissa without watni patra or it will causes a problem in future? or it is valid to purchase this property . Please advice me .

s m bhoite.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register