LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

NITESH TIWARI (GOVT EMPLOYEE)     07 November 2014

my tenant left the house non paying rent and electricity

dear sir. i have my flat.we had rent agreement of 11 months.our tenant after residing 16 months never paid after 6 months and moreover not paid electricity bills.we have sent him notice before termination but tenant gave wrong address in the agreement.what to do.he's doing the same thing with others.that person should be legally punished

Learning

2 Replies

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     08 November 2014

Dear, File a case for recovery of your money and make others a party to it as well in order to substantiate your claim. You can also fine an fir against him for.cheating bcoz his intention since the begining was not to pay the rent. Adv kapil chandna, 9899011450

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     12 November 2014

If he has not paid rent for 6 months, why did you not  demand and  insist on payment for whole six months period, also the electricity department will not permit more than one month of default of payment, it will disconnect the supply, so  it is not believable that he has not paid the bills  for six months.  Thus as advised earlier, no criminal case will lie, you have to locate his new address and issue him a legal demand notice.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register