LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

TANMOY (director)     25 November 2009

HELP ME PLEASE

I had given 46000 rupees loan to a person 2 years ago and that person gave me the following in writing:

"This is to certify that Mr. Tanmoy Sen, S/o S. Sen is residing in my house situated at....and the said address could be used as his address in West Bengal and I promise to pay Mr. Tanmoy Sen or order a sum of Rs.46000/- and I agree that if any dispute will arise regarding this Rs. 46000/ then the same dispute will be referred to Mr. Saikat Roy who will act as sole arbitrator and whose decision will be final and binding upon me."

Signed by Ranjan Bhowmick

Now, I have just this document and the Ranjan is refusing to pay so what should I do? The above mentioned document is pronote or not? Which legal steps should be taken?

Thanks and regards

Learning

5 Replies

A V Vishal (Advocate)     25 November 2009

File a suit for recovery of money.

Devajyoti Barman (Advocate)     25 November 2009

You could either file a suit for recovery of money where you have to deposit court fees calculated on the amount of money prayed for or you could also explore a very effective recourse and that is proceeding under Provincial Insolvency Act .

(Guest)

NO SIR, HIS WORDS ARE TRICKY. HE IS NOT COMMITED ANY WHERE AS LOAN.

PROMISE TO PAY .... IF ANY DISPUTE???

DOES THESE LINES MAKE ANY MEANING SIR.

TRY WITH HIM POLITELY AND TRY TO COLLECT THE MONEY.

NO USE OF RUNNING BEHIND THE COURT.

FINALLY YOUR CASE WILL BE SETTLED OUT SIDE OF THE COURT.

suman (secunderbad)     26 November 2009

Give me advise

Attached File : 58 58 deepthi letter.doc downloaded: 107 times

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     26 January 2024

I promiose to pay means that he is acknowledging the receipt of the sum mentioned in the instrument, therefore he is liable to pay the money he obtained from you.

Therefore you first send a legal demand notice demanding the money he took from you, failing to comply, you may sue him for recovery of your money through civil court of law

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register