LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sathish (self employed)     01 November 2014

Plot number incorrectly mentioned in document

I registered a land two years back and now when i tried to sell the land i found that plot number is mentioned incorrectly in the document. The person from whom i purchased the land is ready for signing the document again. Please tell me if i can use CORRECTION DEED for this purpose or should i re-register the document papers again from scratch?

Learning

3 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     01 November 2014

In case the original deed is registered, one should get the rectification deed also registered. And pay the requisite stamp duty and registration charges as per the laws in force in the State. For general mistakes like spelling mistakes, the stamp duty and registration charges are Rs 100 each. In case the rectification deed relates to the area, the names of the parties or the extent of the property, the stamp duty and registration charges as applicable to the conveyance deed are payable.

sathish (self employed)     01 November 2014

Thanks for your reply ramachary sir.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     05 November 2014

A rectification deed executed by the vendor and registered before the registrar will suffice the requirement.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register