Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Bhani Athreya (service)     17 October 2014

Joint property or rights

Hello Learned professionals...

Regarding My Father's share of property which he received by way registered partition deed of 1958. My father  received his share from my grandfathers share of property. He jointly hold the property with his unmarried brother (my uncle-C who died in 1969.)

They have other 2 brothers also (my uncle-A & my uncle-B). My father, uncle-A & uncle-B are all died since. My father, uncle-A & uncle-B are  married have family & children.

Now a few months back, we approached both my uncle-A & my uncle-B family to clear the title of the deed which is jointly held by my father and deceased unmarried brother. Though we offered a decent amount, SOME of the family members of uncles want to sell the property. We don't want to sell the ancestral house as my mom and brothers are emotionally attached to it. we are staying in the house for the last 50 years or so... They had not approached us so far for any share, we only offered decent settlement.

Any way while we expect to settle the issue amicably, we foresee a delay of one or two years in settling the issue with discussions.

We plan to have annual maintenance or renovation of the house before next monsoon.  If we start do repairs, can anyone stop us by a stay order or injunction. Or should we take any precaution by approaching court or police?

Please guide us

Learning

1 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     19 October 2014

@Mr. Athreya: how many times you think you can repeat the same query and in how many places.  There is a limit for your curiosity and anxiety, the experts/advocates here are not meant for repeatedly replying to our repeated query, better stop repeating the same query anymore.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register