LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Samuel Fisher (Service)     04 October 2014

Demolition of illegal building

Hi, in case the answer to an RTI query on the status of a building (in the state of west bengal) reveals that the building was constructed without any proper sanctioned plan (the reply says no building sanction number found for the target premise), can someone make a plea with the local municipal authority to get the building demolished? The building was completed in 1995 and no mutation has been done in the name of the tenants so far - the municipal records bear the name of the original land owner till date. No completion certificate was issued either, probably due to the absence of the sanctioned plan.

If someone would advise me regarding this, I would be very grateful.

Learning

2 Replies

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     05 October 2014

1.  Make a proper written representation before the local Municipal Authorities, with relevant documentary evidences relating to "illegal & unauthorized" construction, with a prayer to demolish the said construction and recover cost of demolition from the occupiers.

2.  May also file Criminal case, in the local Magistrates Court,  on all the occupiers of the "illegal & unauthorized" building, for nuisance and risking life & property of others around the said building.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal
READ ARTICLES ON: https://hemantagarwal21.blogspot.in/?view=sidebar

1 Like

Samuel Fisher (Service)     05 October 2014

Thank you sir, for the 2 nice suggestions!

I would have never thought of the "recover cost of demolition from the occupiers" part.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register