Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

seema jangid (EO)     28 September 2014

Correction of my husband name in my passport

Dear Madam/Sir,

Kindly let me know what are the documents required for reissue of passport due to change in ones spouse name in her passport. The reason for change of name is because wrong name was added mistakenly me in 2006  when my first Passport was issued. Now when i went to reissue of my passport the PSK officials are asking for affidavit from my husband that his name was previously known as Manoj Kumar Jangid and now he is changing it to Manoj Kumar, whereas my husband was never known by Manoj Kumar Jangid, All his documents are in name of Manoj Kumar Jangid. 

Kindly advise why should my husband give an affidavit when his name is correct , it was my mistake when i applied for the passport.

The Passport officials are not agreeing on this .

Also specify if Annexure E is required in this case . If yes, then please tell the reason, as the Person's name is correct in all his documents and his passport is also issued in his correct name itself, then why does he need an affidavit for CHANGE IN NAME/DEED POLL/SWORN AFFIDAVIT.Is This not illegal . Just because his spouse has added his wrong name (mistakenly in her previous passport)why does he need to declare his change of name.

I will appreciate if specific answers are provided to me. 

THIS IS URGENT . PLEASE ADVISE THIS WILL BE REALLY HELPFUL.

THANKS .

Thanking you.

Learning

2 Replies

Vickey Seerapu (Lawyer)     29 September 2014

Printing Errors and Spelling Errors Printing errors and spelling errors, including incorrect name, gender, or place of birth, can be corrected at no charge at any time while the passport is still valid. If reported within one year of issuance, a new, corrected passport will be issued, which will be valid for 10 years from the date the new, correct book is issued. If reported after one year of issuance, the new, corrected passport will be valid until the expiration date of the original, incorrect passport.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     08 October 2014

matter of procedure .

contact passport office.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register