Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Victim (abc)     20 November 2009

Settlement Contract

Hi

I had filed dowry harassment, physical and mental torture case against my husband and in laws in woman cell...but in the procedure of reconciliation and counselling, my husband seems like realised his mistake and is requesting me to join him back and forgive him for all his misdeeds.

Further, at the same time, i am scared that in case i go back to him on the condition that my in laws wont interfere, they may ill treat me again and i wil have to undergo the same trauma again...hence i want to be legally strong as well, at the same time.

Hence, I want to enter him in a settlement agreement with me wherein he accepts all the allegations made by me, and gives a guarantee that i wont be maltreated in future.

Thus, I request members to suggest the points that i shd put in the agreement that will help me in future...and also request  to share a copy of such agreement if any of the members possesses so...

Brief important details of the case are:

• my husband is unemployed for the last 1 year
  • i had been feeding the family
  • we had been staying separate from my in laws but the their interference didnt stop
  • all the items of my stridhan has been taken by them
  • my Father in law tried to s*xually assault me
  • me & my husband are staying separate from the last 6 months
  • we stayed together for 2 yrs after marriage

Also, I wud like to know if any limitation period is prescribed if such agreement is breached by them..

Learning

3 Replies

Khaleel Ahmed (Legal Advisor)     20 November 2009

Dear,

You are advised hereby,that  as per you have stated facts of your life ,it is better to get divorce from your husband at your earliest. For your kind information, social agreements are not enforceable.Such agreement cannot stop future threat in your life.

1 Like

A V Vishal (Advocate)     21 November 2009

Members views are solicited on the matter.

1 Like

Victim (abc)     21 November 2009

Dear Mr. Khaleel

Thanks for your reply.

I know divorce is one of the option...but i love my husband...and really want to go back to him..

At the same time, I dont want to repent later on for my above decision.

Hence, I request you and all the other members to suggest the implications, if any, upon entering such agreement with my husband and in laws.

One of the pre condition is that i want to insert is the point that further me and my husband wont be staying with my in laws.

Dear members, pl guide...

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register