Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Balasundaram R (JE)     20 September 2014

Salary during maternity

Respected Sirs,

My wife is working as a Teacher in Tamilnadu goverment and she is in maternity leave from 29.07.2014.

The District Educational Office says that for the period in maternity leave (i.e. 180 days) salary should be claimed as arrears after joining to duty and salary cannot be claimed during the maternity leave period.

They say it's goverment order but refusing to give Order number. so please tell me whether there is such order and if so the order number.

Thanking You

Balasundaram.R

Learning

4 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     20 September 2014

The 'sayings' by you and by this officer is not a mater on record. Is it?

Verbal Transactions are difficult to prove.

So submit your gentle representations in writing (of course under proper acknowledgment) for not having been paid salary for the month of ...................and demand reply in writing by Redg. post and affirm that postage  prepaid self addressed envelope is attached for sending the reply by redg. post.

Or pursue thru RTI route.

We are not aware of any rule, statue, law deciding that pregnant female employee shall not be paid salary/maternity benefits till she resume duty after pregnancy delivery.

In fact Maternity Benefit Act 1961: Sec6: stipulates that :

"The amount of maternity benefit for the period preceding the date of her expected delivery shall be paid in advance to the woman on production of proof that the woman is pregnant and the amount due for the subsequent period shall be paid to the woman within 48 hours of production of proof that the woman has been delivered of a child."

We would also like to know::::::::How the Govt. of Tamilnadu has gone against the spirit and essence of a statue???????

The lawyers/experts from Tamilnadu can address the issue of any such GO and rationale in it......................... better than anyone else.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     20 September 2014

agreed with Mr Kumar Doab.

Balasundaram R (JE)     22 September 2014

Respected Sirs,

Thank You for your speedy reply. I will follow your instructions and update the same soon. Once again thank you Sir.

Ardelia J. Franklin   17 April 2018

That’s such nice news about salary case because he is a great person and well he always judge with faith and honesty. So I really like that he will seek legislative post from now onwards and Marvelous Reviews provides helpful content. I appreciate him for his dedication and proper attention to his work.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register