Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Puneet (Software engg)     19 September 2014

Will or gift deed .... which one is safe and less costly

Hello ,
My friend is going thru one peculiar situation and would like to take advice . The situation is :

My friend's mil wanted to give one under constructed property to her daughter ( friend' wife ) in ghaziabad .
This property is in Mil name and is in office society for which she took look from government ( she is govt servant ).the loan is not fully paid as yet .

Now the problem is how she should transfer it to her daughter name . The solution comes to my mind are following :
(1) get her daughter name added to society as a co-owner and during registration of flat mother and daughter are owner . After that she can write a will that her share will be handed over to daughter . How much extra she has to pay apart from 7% of flat value to get will registered ?

Is the will full proof and her son cannot claim anything in that flat ?will there be issue selling a flat when mil is alive or once she is no more ? 

(2) the other option would be once getting the flat registered on both name .... Give gift deed to her daughter . But then the issue is since the flat is still on loan can it be possible to give it as gift . Also even once she paid off the loan and after that give it as gift then is it that it again needs to be registered on her daughter name alone . 

Please advice

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register