Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shashidhar (None)     07 September 2014

Landowner cancelled jd and gpa with builder

Hello

This is my first post in the forum and I'm hoping someone will guide me.

I have booked flat in bangalore which comes under gram panchayat. Apartment is constructed by builder under JD and GPA agreements with land owners. The agreement was setup in June 2011 for 22 months, agreement clearly mentions the time starts after builder gets necessary approvals from everyone to carry on construction work.

Construction work right now is 60% complete. We came to know the JD/GPA was cancelled in first week of August and landowners issued public notice in Times of India on 9th August. None of the flat owners has got possession and brick work is completed until 2nd floor (out of4 floors). In the agreement between landowners and builder it was mentioned - if builder fails to complete the project owners have rights to cancel the agreements with 3 months notice. But we, flat owners came to know after they are cancelled.

Now, I'm clueless on how can I proceed. I paid 70% of total project cost and took housing loan from HDFC. If JD and GPA cancells what rights, we as flat owners will have? How can I get out of this mess?

I know this is complex to give complete answer, but if you help me if I have to engage lawyer and carry out that would be of great help. My bank, on behalf of me paid 14 lacs to builder and I'm paying EMI for that. Do I need to tell bank not to pay anything, if the agreements cancels doesn't builder mention this to bank?

If in case I'll have to personally meet and hire, anyone in bangalore with good reputation to handle this smooth and work out for me to save my heard earned money?

Shashidhar

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register