Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajaram (SME)     04 September 2014

Hdfc bank credit card fraud

Respected Sir,

I have been using a Credit card HDFC bank with card number 5241110000373782.Without my knowledge a fradulent transaction was conducted by a person for rs.5000 for his/her airtel money wallet 7760748483.

i have complaint about this transaction to the bank on 12/03/14 within few minutes of the transaction conducted .The bank didn't take any necessary steps and asked me to get a confirmation from airtelmoney that the transaction isn't conducted by me.The Airtel money Grievance department inturn told me that tansaction reversal can be done only by bank and they asked me to consult the bank.

Please find my email towars HDFC and Airtel Money for the transaction Dispute :

Airtel:

Dear Mr. Chinnayan,

This is with reference to your email dated 26th August 2014; regarding balance deduction of Rs. 5000.00 from your bank account against airtel money wallet 7760748483.

airtel regrets the inconvenience you have experienced.

Please be informed that we value our customer’s privacy and any information related to their account is not shared with or disclosed to any unauthorized third party. Hence, we would not be able to share the details of any account to unauthorized third party.

No details can be shared directly with any person pertaining to any airtel account without receipt of proper legal communication.

We would like to inform you that airtel money complies with international security standards for data security and ensures due care/secrecy of customer information.

We thank you for your patronage and hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again.

Assuring you the best of our services

Regards,
Akshay Kr. Bawejaa
Grievance Officer Desk
airtel M Commerce Services Limited

Hi team ,

I'm not sure about the mobile number which made the transaction.The person using the mobile number has made a fradulent transaction using my credit card and the bank wants a confirmation from airtel merchant to revert the money back to me .The airtel team has given the transaction details in the attached image.The transaction which was made is rs.5000 and i'm no way related to this transaction .if you can provide the detail of person who made this transaction we can take legal action against him.

Please assist me on this .The bank is in CC and they are following up on this transaction

I have a transaction  dispute with the HDFC bank since a fradulent
transaction was conducted using my credit card no 5241110000373782 to make a
airtel payment on 12/03/14 .My bank HDFC needs your assistance to revert back the

transaction held on my credit card.bank has requested you to refund the
transaction to the bank so that the money can reversed back to my account .
Please help us on this ,attached is the details of the transaction done
using my credit card to airtel.

Thanks
Rajaram Chinnayan

---------Original Message----------
    To: nodalofficer.kk@in.airtel.com
    Cc: PriorityRedressal.CreditCards@hdfcbank.com
    Sent: 18/08/2014 01:45:17 PM
    Subject: 'HBL=024-437-139' Ref. HDFC Bank Credit Card

> > Hi Team Airtel,
    > >
    > > I have a transaction  dispute with the HDFC bank since a fradulent
    transaction was conducted using my credit card no 5241110000373782 to make a
    airtel payment.My bank HDFC needs your assistance to revert back the
    transaction held on my credit card.bank has requested you to refund the
    transaction to the bank so that the money can reversed back to my account .
    > > Please help us on this ,attached is the details of the transaction done
    using my credit card.
    > >
    > > Thanks
    > > Rajaram Chinnayan
    > >
    > > ---------- Forwarded message ----------
    > > From: Senior Management
    > > Date: Sat, May 10, 2014 at 5:06 AM
    > > Subject: RE:'HBL=024-437-139' Ref. HDFC Bank Credit Card
    > > To: Rajaram
    > >
    > >
    > > Dear Mr.Chinnayan,
    > > 
    > > This is in continuation to our response dated March 21, 2014 regarding the
    transaction of Rs. 5,000.00 incurred at M/s. Airtel on your HDFC Bank credit
    card account.
    > > 
    > > As informed earlier, we had initiated investigation regarding the above
    mentioned charges for any documents supporting the charge(s). In this regard,
    we have received the following documents from the concerned merchant towards
    the above mentioned transaction.
    > > Confirmation from merchant that the services were rendered on 12/03/2014
    > > Confirmation from merchant that the payment has been duly adjusted towards
    your future bills
    > > Details of the transaction mentioning the beneficiary details
    > > We are enclosing a copy of the above documents received for your kind
    perusal. Upon reviewing the enclosed documents, in the event you are still not
    in agreement with the details provided, we kindly request you to forward us a
    letter/email on or before 19/05/2014 clearly indicating the reason for
    non-agreement (along with relevant supporting documents) of the said details.
    > > 
    > > We would seek your earnest co-operation and understanding that this email
    from you, confirming non-acceptance, is mandatory to enable us represent your
    claim and progress this dispute further with the concerned merchant. The
    address for communication is :
    > > 
    > > To
    > > The Manager
    > > HDFC Bank Credit Cards
    > > P O Box # 8654, Thiruvanmiyur P.O,
    > > Chennai - 600 041.
    > > 
    > > The above mentioned documents enclosed along with the e-mail and request
    you to forwarded to us as a scanned attachment to the following email id :
     PriorityRedressal.CreditCards@hdfcbank.com.
    > > 
    > > We request your urgent attention to this e-mail and in the absence of a
    response from you within the above mentioned period,  we would construe that,
    you are in agreement with the said transaction(s)  and the interim credit
    provided earlier to the card account  would be re-debited and the transaction
    would remain payable.
    > > 
    > > In the event you seek any further clarification regarding your card
    account, please feel free to contact our Phone Banking number at :  080 - 6160
    6161 or write to us at: PriorityRedressal.CreditCards@hdfcbank.com.
    > > 
    > > In line with our focus and commitment to Customer Service, we trust that
    this Grievance Redressal Cell has addressed your grievance in a fair and
    equitable manner and the issue has been resolved to your satisfaction. If you
    are not satisfied with the resolution, you may write to our Principal Nodal
    Officer Mr. Appala Pranesh Rao at HDFC Bank Ltd., Trade World, ¿C¿ Wing, 11th
    Floor, Kamala Mills Co

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies and the original message. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure,dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this email or any action taken in reliance on this e-mail is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. The recipient acknowledges that Bharti Airtel Limited or its subsidiaries and associated companies(collectively "Bharti Airtel Limited"),are unable to exercise control or ensure or guarantee the integrity of/overthe contents of the information contained in e-mail transmissions and further acknowledges that any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender and no binding nature of the message shall be implied or assumed unless the sender does so expressly with due authority of Bharti Airtel Limited. Before opening any attachments please check them for viruses and defects.

--
rajaram

Learning

2 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     04 September 2014

First get a Registered legal notice issued to both HDFC and  Airtel and also make a criminal complaint against both of them with your advocate's advice.

At the same time, file complaint before Banking Ombudsman and District Consumer forum.

(The body of complaint has to be drafted by your Advocate and only the addresses has to be changed modifying to suit to such organisation)

Make haste.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     07 September 2014

As rightly advised, issue legal notice to both the companies, demand the relief, if not addressed properly then you may approach consumer forum with your grievances for proper redressal of the same.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register