Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Raju (Senior Executive)     02 September 2014

False statement

Resp excperts

in my case the complainant exhibited a account statement with his affidavit but no invoices, nothing other than tally computer account statement. i had issued him a dd from different account, which i realise later on that it is appearing as one entry in his account statement. I questioned him about this dd during cross and he denied that he recived any dd from me, i showed him a bank letter giving details of dd, even then he said this letter is false and fake.

during my defense i called up his bank and his bank proved the dd, now he says this dd is already taken in his accounts. What to do? is he lying?                                                                            

Learning

2 Replies

Kiran Kumar (Lawyer)     02 September 2014

Its better for you that he is giving false testimony.  The actual documents will be more relevant than mere oral statement of a witness.

The Court will consider the best part of the evidence and that is the document proved by you on record.

Dia (student)     07 September 2014

Suppose the accused has exhibited several documents in his defense during the cross examination of the complainant. 

- the docuemnts are like letters addressed to police station, bank etc but without any stampof bank or police

- if all these are xerox copies

- he has not even called any one to prove these documents like the police or bank officials

- accused has not entered the box as witness

Will these documents be considered to be proven? will they be read in evidence.?

On behalf of complainant is there any judgement?

Also since complainant did not realise that they were xerox copies at that time he did not object.

Now judgement is passed and accused convicted and matter is gone for appeal.

Thanks

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register