LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

SAWANT ASHOK (OFFICER)     02 September 2014

Property matter

I  have been staying with my mother along with my wife and a son in Mumbai .In the year 1982 my father died.I was unmarried then and was residing in a tenanted room with my mother and two unmarried sisters. My sisters were married and have been staying in their ownership accommodations.At the time of death of my father my elder brother was staying in his ownership flat whereas elder sister was staying in tenanted property.At present my sister is staying in her ownership flat.In the year 1992 my elder brother along with all the sisters and my mother signed duly notarised affidavit  for the relinquishing their rights in the tenanted room .I had paid Rs 80000/- by way of cheque to my brother as consideration and the mention of cheque payment is indicated in the affidivit

On the basis of affidavit and application signed by above mentioned  relatives  for the transfer of tenanted room the landlord transferred the rent receipt in my name by issuing rent receipt

The above tenanted property was redeveloped in the year 1992 The developer invited me for signing redevelopment agreement and sale deed duly registered with stamp duty .After occupying new room the co op society was formed and share certificate has been issued to me

Nearly 10 days back my elder brother along with elder sister and a sister staying with me at the time of my father's death had written a letter to society stating the society should disallow sale of the flat It was also stated that the above mentioned affidavit signed by them were taken under coercion.

In view of the above please advise me can my above relatives stopped me selling the flat .If i buy another tenanted room or ownership room can my above relatives claim share in my existing property .Can my above relatives persuade my mother to file a false suit for harassment. 

My request to housing society to send a reply to my relatives stating society does not have any role has been turned down by the society secretary

i EARNESTLY REQUEST YOUR ADVISE

-- 

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register