LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

amrik.mehra (officer)     26 August 2014

An appeal from elder couple

Humble Appeal from Parents in their 80s.

WE are husband and wife in our early 80s. We have got two sons and one daughter. Our elder son got married in the year October’03.  IN the marriage we had not demanded any dowry from my in laws.

Immediately after marriage our son and his wife shifted to Bhagalpur where he was working with a very large company.  After 4-5 months he got transferred to Kolkata in the same company. After one year he got transferred to Asansol,West Bengal. Again he got transferred to Durgapur after 1 year. At all these places my son and his wife stayed together and we never visited them.

In the year October’09, after a minor difference with my son she came back to her father at Amritsar and filed a filled a false complaint with police against me, my wife, my daughter ,my son and my elder son who is also his husband.

The police enquired the matter and gave a clean chit to all of us including my elder son and mentioned in their report that the all the allegations against us are false. We had to visit police station on number of occasions. We had to travel 260 KM in a day.

IN the meantime she made so many calls to my daughter’s husband. And ultimately it ended up with the divorce of my daughter. We have written proof my daughters husband that they had received information’s regarding the bad character of my daughter from my Daughter-In-Law.

Again she filed a complaint with  Amritsat court regarding dowry harassment against all of us. The court discharge all of us except of my elder son who was summoned.  The court has found not a single evidence against me, my wife, my daughter and my younger son.

She again moved a application with the Commissioner of Police,Amritsar for reinvestigation of the police complaint. The Police again harassed us by calling us in Police station again and again. WE had to travel 260 KMs in a day. Since there was not a single evidence against me, my wife, my younger son and my daughter, they gave clean chit to us. But lodged a false FIR against my elder son. It  appears that they had managed the Police.

She again moved an application with Session Court against the District Court order and asked Session Court for revision of District Courts decision (District Court had discharged us).

The Session Court asked the District court for reconsideration of Case. The District Court discharged me, my wife, my younger son and my daughter  2nd time.

She again moved a application with District Court under Section 319 (FIR Case) to issue summons to all of us.  The court again rejected her plea.

In her complaints she had mentioned that we used to beat her for bringing insufficient dowry and had demanded a Maruti Car from them. But they settled the case by paying Rs. 20000/- in cash to me.

She wrote so many letters to the employer of my son and wrote so many bad things against him. Because of bad name in his company, he had to leave his good job.(Letters are not available with us) And after 6 months got a poorly paid JOB where he is drawing a salalry of Rs. 10000/- only. Now she has again written two letters to his current employer. In the letter she has mentioned that my son is Criminal and how can they employ him in their company. She has asked his employer to verify his leave records whether he is attending court by taking leave or not. She has mentioned in her letter that my son is “CRIMINAL’ and always be careful from this criminal. (Copy of the letters are available with us)

With folded hands, I would like to request you to please help us by suggesting some remedies to encounter her. We do not want to punish her as we are confident that GOD will surly punish her. WE have lost all hopes. Because of her allegations which are in serious nature we are unable to move in the society. I have lost my one eye because of hypertension. MY bed ridden wife has lost all hopes and is praying to GOD for death. MY daughter is sitting at home.  My elder son is likely to loose his job again.

We do not have any source of income except of my elder son’s salary. I am heart patient and my wife has been diagnosed   some problems in her liver and kidney. Our medicine bill comes to around  Rs. 4000/- per month.

There is appeal from an elder couple who are counting their last days to save them  from daughter in law.

WE can not fight legal battles any more. Neither  we want to punish her. We just to die with respect as all the allegations leveled by our daughter in law against us including my son are false. Please GOD help us.

Can any one justify that we can demand dowry from her after 6 years. How can an elderly couple who are in their 80s can beat a young women. 

Learning

4 Replies

malipeddi jaggarao (retired banker)     26 August 2014

What help we can render to you people at this stage.  You can not fight a legal battle.  People say that marriages are made in heaven.  This marriage appears have made in hell making all your lives hell. 

What about your younger son?  Is he not earning anything?  Don't you have any property?  If you have property, better sell it to meet your daily requirements.  You have to reconcile yourselves at this fag end of life that you are destined for these difficulties.  Keep faith in God.  Pain and pleasure destined to human-beings is culmination of three karmas.  One is of our previous birth.  You may be good in this birth, but the misdeeds in the previous birth will not leave us. Second is the deeds of your parents.  Third is your own acts in this birth.  If the average is towards pain, you are destined to go through the ardial.  If the average towards pleasure, you will enjoy the pleasure.  But pain and pleasure is only make of mind.  By this time, you should have recognized this and try to take pain as pleasure.  If you undergo this ardeal in this birth, the residue will not be carried over to next as it would be exhausted here itself.  At this age, why do you worry. The purpose of your birth is over.  Wait for the call and till then try to enjoy the life taking the name of Almighty.  There are many people whose destiny is worse than you.  You must have enjoyed some pleasant moments in your life.  Recollect, remember and enjoy those moments.  I only wish that Almighty will you give courage.  We have not brought anything to this earth.  When we are born, to come out of mother's womb, we experienced pain.  But we lived our life.  Like-wise, now also the pain you are experiencing is physical and mental, but not the pain to your soul.  Soul is above all.  Keep it in good humour.  Wishing you peaceful life.  I cannot give you any advice more than this.

(Guest)

Sir,

It pains a lot to hear such from you.

What was the minor difference which lead to police complaint by your DIL?

It appears to me that the minor difference was not just a minor difference but a major one.  The above described acts of your DIL show deep rooted grudge and such are not done to extort money, which usually is the common case in these days.

Was is it a self-respect issue or an ego issue need to be found out and discussed by the means of talks, though talks may appear a futile exercise from outside, it will surely help find out the cause of main issue with regard to such prolonged harassment.

Arrange for talks especially one on one talks between your son and DIL along with elders of both families to come out with a solution.  If nothing turns out from such talks, its better to ask for divorce ie MCD rightaway.  IT would have been apt that your son would have approached  court for divorce in 2009 itself.  let bygones be bygones, its never to late to get rid of the headache.

Happily Divorced (TL)     26 August 2014

Sir Amrik,

Please stay strong. Show your health records to police and get some relief. Let your son file divorce and fight it on merits. There is nothing that she can do to you if you are strong mentally. She is just a dirty soul, dont even care for her. You should fight evil without any mercy.

I dont know what kind of support you are looking from the forum, be specific on your legal queries and the experts will surely help you.

Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     26 August 2014

I have not gone thru your file but from what your have written in your post, I also feel that it was not a minor issue between your daughter in law and son, as it seems unlikely that all of a sudden your daughter in law will go against all of you to this extent after 6 years of marriage. There must be some other serious reason behind all this. It seems that she wants to take revenge against your son and hence trying to harrass all his near and dear ones to the maximum. Talk to your son to know that what really happened between them. Get you daughter remarried or ask her to do some job instead of sitting at home. Take the help of some persons who can mediate and talk to the family of your daughter in law and find out what she wants and try to bring about some settlement. Have faith and think positively.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register