LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nimish (individual)     25 August 2014

Society share certificate

I have purchased a flat in 2010. My society had provided me no objection certificate (NOC ) that all due are cleared from previous owner & I am paying all the maintenance charge .  They have also given me membership   of society.   Now they are refusing me to give share certificate on my name stating that my previous( first) has not paid lift maintenance  dues to builder. Also they are saying that first owner is not taken possession letter from builder. I want to ask if possession letter was not issued how come society give membership to my first owner.

Please guide me

Learning

2 Replies

Kishor Hajare (Advocate)     25 August 2014

Hi,

it seems that, your society has intentionally denying membership to you. According to society Act, you are entitle to become member of the said society upon purchasing of the flat and payment of transfer fees and all arrears. In your case, society must have ask arrears, if any, at the time of issuing of NOC. Now at this stage, they can not say there is an arrears and deny the share certificate to you.

In my opinion, you should make written correspondence with the society for issuance of share certificate in your name and on there denial, approach to the Society Registrar with written complaint.

Regards

Adv.Kishor Hajare

Nimish (individual)     25 August 2014

thanks a lot Adv.kishore Hajare

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register