LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

SUGUNA NAGARAJAN (Chief Os)     23 August 2014

Payment made challan rectification

As I have received a message from Assistant Commissioner/Income Tax/CPC/Bangalore under intimation U/S.143(1) for Assessment Year 2013-14 stating that Net amount Payable is a sum of Rs.9,230/=against my PAN.  Based on this information, I have remitted a sum of Rs.9,230/= online under Challan No. ITNS 281 wrongly. For that I have taken the Bank challan remittance details  nd also got challan remittance status query for Tax payers .

After seeing the above, I have shocked the amount I have paid to Income Tax Office against my IT dues of 2013-14 online through my State Bank of India Savings Bank account which is not credited to against my PAN No. and credited to Southern Railway Divisional Railway Manager’s TAN No.

Actually, the amount I have remitted for my IT due only. But, the same was not accounted against my PAN No. How the said amount to be credited and posted against my IT PAN dues.

Learning

1 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     28 August 2014

If it was the mistake of the bank, seek their clarification, if there is no proper response, write to them to rectify the issue and make the things alright, if there is no response to that also, you may write to the Banking ombudsman  seeking his intervention and relief or you may issue a legal notice to the bank for their lapses and relief.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register