Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

LLB aspirant (ASPIRANT)     12 August 2014

Trai policy on business sms

Respected All,

Recently I recharged for promotional SMS pack on my prepaid MTS number from Mobikwik website, where few additional charges and conditions were not mentioned at the online portal while opting the plan. Due to hidden clauses about 70-80 rupees (against 50 messages sent on a day) got deducted from my main account balance inspite of active promotional SMS pack providing 50 local/national free SMS every day.

When I complained at customer care of MTS they conveniently shouldered off their responsibility that they are not responsible for the contents published at the online portal and complete information is available on their own website.  Though I argued that when one is processing the transaction from any other authorized distributors/service providers on their behalf, there is no sense to check the details of the plans from the company website and information with all distributors should be similar, complete, accurate and transparent.  But all in vain the customer care & appellate authority were stuck to their own version and justified the deduction.  

Moreover, rather providing convincing solution got offensive and barred the sending of SMS facility for the reason that I am sending business SMS.  In this context I would like to mention that I am working from home for a recruitment consultancy and very often besides email communication, for ready reference and to ensure the timely checking the mail, I send messages to prospective/shortlisted candidates regarding providing my email id for sending their cv, information of interview schedule, availability of vacancy etc. And such messages I was sending earlier as well before this episode of complaint, but no such action or warning was given by the company.

I request you to guide me if there is any policy of TRAI that any professional cannot do such SMS and what are the legal implications. As far as my understanding says there is no such regulation as many professionals and entreprenuers may be using SMS facility in their routine activities related to their business/profession for quick, confirm information without disturbing the person at other end who may not be available all time to receive multiple but important information through call.

regards

Learning

1 Replies

LLB aspirant (ASPIRANT)     16 August 2014

Dear Experts,

Please guide me on TRAI guidelines for SMS frequency rule as the telecom company has given this justification for barring the outgoing SMS on my MTS number, however they are denying to describe this policy on the plea that "we do not have any provision to share the guidelines of TRAI"  and on browsing the TRAI website, I could not find any such policy which refrain recruitment professional to send related to routine communication that too below 100 SMS per day.

Does any telecom company can bar the services of subscriber without transparent justification for the same?

regards

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register