LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

neeraj (teacher)     06 August 2014

Refund booking amount

I booked 1 BHK in project named Mantra Meadows NH-24,Wave City Ghaziabad on dated 16-10-2013 and paid 1.5 Lakhs rupees .

Due to not satisfying with project progress, layout and other conditions I did not accept allotment offer dated 27/03/2014 , I requested to cancel booking .Company agreed and issued post dated 30/06/2014 cheque of refund (Rs 1.5 Lakhs ,Cheque  on dated 12-MAY- 2014),But this cheque got bounced  due to stop payment ,as bank said.

I then requested so many times in Mantra Build Home Pvt. Ltd. / Adarsh Buildestate Ltd. offices and also emailed my request .I contacted Mr Sidharth ,Miss Anam Fatima,(AGM sales),Mr. Mehta (country head)Mr Abhinav and also emailed.They answered to pay my money today or tomorrow or next day or next week but they never paid my money in any form.What should I do in this case?In which court I can file this case ie civil or consumer court.?What are acts applied in this case?Pl help.

Learning

1 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     06 August 2014

You should have issued legal notice under NI Act.

Approach your lawyer AS AP with all docs on record and put everything on hold till the time your lawyer advises you further after examining the docs on record and merits.

The lawyer may opine to present the cheque again and let it bounce.

After 3 months from date of cheque it may become invalid and builder might be wanting it.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register