LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Abhishek Vats Singh (Manager)     11 November 2009

Suspension

is there any provsion which will assist me in fighting my employer for an unjustified suspension from work and not responding to it since july 2009

Learning

4 Replies

Abhishek Vats Singh (Manager)     11 November 2009

despite my repeated communication they have been able to give any proof whatsoever, and are just delaying the matter, pleae suggest

Karl Jacob (Partner/Advocate)     11 November 2009

r u a govt. employee. you have to check if ur employer has followed the departmental rules in holding the suspension proceedings. you can go through the RTI Act and demand the valid reason for the suspension. If the employer doesn't give u a reason, he has violated the principles of natural justice and you can file a writ to quash the suspension order.

Raj Kumar Makkad (Adv P & H High Court Chandigarh)     11 November 2009

Suspension is not a penality. You might be getting 50% pay and after the expiry of 6 months of suspension demand 75%. demand reasons of suspension through a simple letter and not RTI application as you are an employee and you have every right to know the reasons leading to such step.

Isaac Gabriel (Advocate)     12 November 2009

The employer is bound to show  resons for the suspension through charge memo.,else you can ask for the reasons as suggested by Mr.Rajkumar

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register