LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Harrressed Husband (Freelancer)     28 July 2014

Wife filed false dowry complaint in women cell

Long story but cutting short. Wife used to fight often for trivial issues. Calls mother, brother and other relatives and speaks loudly against us. They all support her without taking any trouble of knowing facts. Threatens to jail us all for dowry or commit suicide and write our names in suicide note, etc. My parents stay on ground floor and I with my wife on 1st floor. Hardly after a month she forced me to make arrangements for separate cooking for her own and denied to go down. As she was not knowing any household work (no she is not from rich family, a middle class only but pampered one), she used to not like to do any work for us in which I always used to help her. She clearly said she is not a servant and that she did not got married to do all this.
She used to create some or other drama, shout a lot to go to parents place. It feels whether these people have any heart and brains or not because every time they used to go extreme and talk in terms of threats only to us. On 27th June she quarreled a lot over some issue, locked home and went to parents home.
On 13th July she came home (ground floor) with relatives, those people talked loudly and abused us. We closed the door to not to allow them to enter our home and harm us. On this my wife ranged 100 and called police and complained that we were not allowing her to enter home (she stays on first floor and she got the keys of that home). Police asked basic questions to me and went back. Wife and her relatives also went back their home.
On 14th July my wife made a complaint against me in the women's cell. I got summons, wrote an application to get the copy of complaint made against me. The women's cell denied to give and suggested to get it through RTI, so did I.
I attended first counselling session on 17th July, my wife was also there. We both told our problems and on many occasions her lie was caught and the counselor lady gave her good understanding. She told so many problems but she hardly talked about the issues in her complaint in the session.
On 26th July I got copy of complaint. I was shocked to see the complaint against me and my family members of demanding dowry, beating and abusing. My brother and sisters stay in different cities, still their name were involved. I made a counter complaint explaining things from starting but the women's cell did not accepted it.

Please guide me as to what I should be doing now. I will be really thankful for your assistance.

Learning

1 Replies

Saurabh..V (Law Consultant)     28 July 2014

Hi,

Your query has been answered in detail in below link:

https://www.lawforumindia.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=164

//peace

/Saurabh..V

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register