Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vijay K (Partner)     27 July 2014

Property transfer

Dear All,

I was living abroad for many years and i had purchased a couple of property worth  abt a crore each. When i was abroad, i made a mistake of not purchasing the property under my name since i was not physically present here. Now i wish to transfer this property to my name as my mother is old. All properties were registered under my mothers name and i provided all the funds. We are two brothers in the family so i would like to as a precaution transfer to my name.

Now what is the correct method to  take ownership of these properties without incurring registration costs.

After research i found out the following
 methods

1. Gift deed

2. Sale to son

3. Write a will

But both these options are costing much taxes since the property value is high. Isn't there any other method to take ownership by proving the funding source. Please advice as i believe i have complicated things by purchasing under mothers name, and i was ignorant of the taxes for name transfer.

Thank you

VKM

Learning

5 Replies

naveenraj jain (proprietor)     27 July 2014

Gift deed between blood relations is not expensive at all. Check with the sub registrar of your area.

Marimuthu (Proprietor)     27 July 2014

Sir,your mother can execute settlement deed in favour of you for the said property. The cost of settlement is very nominal.

Vijay K (Partner)     28 July 2014

Thanks for all your responses. If i understand it right, settlement deed is a good option and costs around Rs. 12000 (10000 stamp duty + 2000 tax) which is the maximum fees that can be charged irrespective of the property value - according to https://www.tnreginet.net/english/dutyfees.asp

Is this correct?

Ashish (Owner)     28 July 2014

Dear sir,
I have purchased one property, but the seller has some 138 cases on him, so some people
have brought attachment on property ( which i have purchased )for the recovery of amount.
But the property which i have purchased have nothing to do with the people how brought

attachment & even through i don't know hem.
Due to  which i am unable to transfer my  property in my name.
While this people who brought attachment don't have the license  of money lending.
so please help me listing some of the cases ( to study ) with judgement so that i can make

my property withdrawal from the cases & transfer in my name.
Already we are running the cases & added as one of the party in the cases.

Thanking You.
Yours Faithfully,
Sachin Bajaj

Amol Godbole (PCS)     29 July 2014

Hi.. 

Can anybody help me out in my property matter ? 

I am having owned flat. Society is registered and building is 17 years old. There is no Occupancy Certificate obtained. 

I am planning to sale this flat. What if there is no OC ? What is the remedy available ?

construction is legal, title is clear. 

Pl help me.

Regards,

Amol

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register