Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

propcase (None)     02 July 2014

Clarification about registration documents

Hi
I would like to know whether registrar would have another copy (not to mean a photocopy) of registration document (with all the signatures done by concerned persons)  similar to the one (the original registration document) as possessed by the land owner.
In one case the original and first registration of a piece of land done around 35 years ago. Few months ago a land grabber had sold the land using impersonation. We are not sure whether the land grabber created a fake registration document or got the photocopy of the registration document with all signatures as available in original one and could have done forgery, while creating a new one. My doubt is if the land grabber had applied for a certified copy of the registration document from registrar office can he get the document copy which looks exactly similar to the one as possessed  by original land owner. Please clarify.
Thanks

Learning

4 Replies

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     02 July 2014

Propcase , in the registrar office they kept only scan copy of your sale deed and retured your original sale deed after furnish full detailed record of the regd.folio no. , ledger no. , computerised photograph of seller , purchaser , witnesses , their thumb impressions etc recorded in the original sale deed and same scanned and saved in the computer and also in their record also .

propcase (None)     03 July 2014

Laxmi kant johsi

Thanks for your response.

In our case the original sale deed was obtained around 35 years ago from a govt housing society. At that time they were not having the scanning or computers or even photo copy machines. So would there be any possibility of maintaining so called "True Copy" which could be a typed copy bearing no signatures or with all relevant signatures of parties as available in the original (which is available with us). I think even from this true copy also the land grabber can get relevant details to create a fake document and call it as original.

Please share your inputs.

Thanks

Adv Akhtar Ali Sheikh (Property Law Consultant)     03 July 2014

The ditto photo copy of the registered document is maintained by the registry department.

Which can be obtained by any body by paying the requisite fees.

In your case you have to make a police case and approach the court to cancel the registration of the conveyance.

S K KARNjhc (Legal Adviser)     16 July 2014

I agree with Adv aali sir

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register