LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ARUN KUMAR (POSTAL ASSISTANT)     25 June 2014

Online company delaying refund

I have made an order for a 20gms silver coin in a registered online company and made the payment of Rs.2799/- through internet banking on 19/03/2014. The product was not delivered to me for more than 45 days and after writing emails to them they have not responded. So I contacted them through phone. They told me that there is some problem for delivery at Kerala (my state) and I have to go to Commercial Taxes office in order to clear it. So I opted to cancel the order and get my cash back. They mailed me that I can very well cancel the order and I will get my full amount as refund within 7-10 working days. So I cancelled the order on 05/05/2014. I did not get the refund as they promised and when I contacted them several times they mailed me back some dates which they expect to give the refund. Till date I have not received the refund and when asked for they are telling me that they cannot reveal the reason for delay and they are expecting to despatch my refund cheque on July 3rd 2014. I am very much disappointed from my previous experience as they have broken their promises for the past 4 times when they gave me dates of refund. Kindly advice me how to tackle this issue

Learning

2 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     27 June 2014

Issue a final notice and approach DCDRF at your location.

Shivesh Sinha (Legal Adviser)     30 June 2014

Dear Mr. Arun Kumar,

Refer Ur Query here above & its response by Mr. Kumar Doab.

Also, you are advised to refer your query posted on 27.06.2014 by you to www.powertoconsumer.in AND responses by the website, to which you appreciated, even.

Hope, you by now might have reached to conclusion that sending a NOTICE before lodging a Consumer Complaint Case in competent Consumer Court having considered advises being extended by me as well Mr. Kumar Doab is required for.

Thanks,

SHIVESH SINHA,

Advocate Cum Legal Adviser to www.powertoconsumer.in

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register