Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

amit (vo)     15 June 2014

Divorce filed... what about maintenance...

Dear everyone.

I have filed divorce case against the wife one sided... how much money as maintemance or almuny the court may direct me to pay to girl...... please tell me... as i m government servant getting around 50,000 monthly.... i have filed case based on cruelty by wife and her family..... if the charges against the wife are proved in the court..... can i get the maintenance back from wife? Please elaborate..... thank you

Learning

4 Replies

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     15 June 2014

Amit you have not mentioned about your wife is she a working woman or a house wife , if she is a working woman and getting handsome salary then court will not grant any maintenance amount for her but if she is a house wife and have no source of income then court will grant maintenance amount to her i.e nearly 10000-12000 approx. if you will show some financial liabilities on you like monthly premium of house loan , monthly expenditure on medical and medicines of your dependant parents , epf, etc then the maintenance amount be reduced to 6000-8000 /- p.m., you have to pay her till her remarriage .

amit (vo)     15 June 2014

Dear sir laxmi kant joshi ji,

The wife was earlier working getting around 12000 pm but she left the job deleberately in ego on her mother's advice harrassing me to spend on her egoistic demands insted of fulfilling all her needs by me. I have personal loan (emi_ 12000 pm) on me. That leaves 38000 - 40000 in my hand.

Now what i need to pay the girl as maintenance? Please suggest.

Thank you.

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     15 June 2014

Amit before marriage she was working and after marriage also she was working if possible to keep record of her working i.e. name and address of company and her salary , keep evidence of her education that what qualification she have , it will prove that she is capable to maintenance herself hence no maintenance may be granted to her , in the evidence stage of your case .

advocate Avdhesh chaudhary (advocate/ legal consultant)     15 June 2014

as narrated by yourself put all things before court & hopefully court will give virdict in your favour. ADV. AVDHESH CHAUDHARY. 09891507137

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register