LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sunil jain (proprietor)     11 June 2014

Birth certificate

My daughter was born in 1997 and at those times birth certificate was issued without her name in the certificate. Is there any way to get the birth certificate with her name incorporated in the certificate.

Learning

3 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     11 June 2014

Baby name is not so important on birth certificate. But parents names are must. Baby now X class is over. X memo is itself treat as birth certificate.

PRAVIN R (M.Com., LL.B)     11 June 2014

Dear sir, You have to approach the registrar of birth and present an application to incorporate your daughter's name in the register of births maintained in the above office. There is no need to approach the magistrate court.

HAREESH (NIL)     12 June 2014

with due respect to all those opined in the matter    I  draw attention to section 14 of the Birth & death registration act 1969   which is applicable to the  whole of the country .   VERBATIM REPRODUCTION BELOW 

Registration of   name of child 

14. Where the birth of any child has been registered without a  name the parent or guardian of such child shall within the  prescribed period give information regarding the name of the child  to the Registrar either orally or in writing and thereupon the  Registrar shall enter such name in the register and initial and date  of the entry 

The time limits have been specified  in the rules  which  the state  frames    . so please refer the rule applicable to your state  .  

If you go through my post    birth certificate & correction in school certicate       3 days back    you will find a Government order   ( A.P )   G.O.Ms No .31    dated 22-02-2013     pl go through the same    

All the best 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register