Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ankur Bhardwaj (Manager)     07 June 2014

Signs on piece of blank paper during registry

Dear Lawyers,

Thanks for helping people like us out.

I have a small query, recently a week ago, during registry of a piece of land the clerk asked me to sign in a piece of blank paper three times one below the other. He drew 3 lines and asked me to sign on them. It was one half of a A4 sized paper cut vertically from the middle. I was not very alert that time, else would have asked him then and there.

Why were those signs done, and now if something is fishy, how to get out of the mess, Just to give the background, I am only son and there are many people who might have vested interests in getting something illegally

I am from Banda UP and this was a land alloted by Banda Development Authority

Thanks in advance,

Ankur Bhardwaj

Learning

2 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     11 June 2014

Taking your signature once in a blank paper will cause suspicions about it, but taking three signatures in three lines may be for some specimen signature purpose.  However, the person who took your signature should have explained you the reason for obtaining them.  Even now, it is not late, you can personally visit the concerned office, approach the clerk and clarify this issue.  Hope you will be careful about signing on blank papers in future.

Sunil S Nair (lawyer)     13 June 2014

If you are suspicious about the said act you should immediately visit the said officer and ask for what reason he took such signature and try to take from him in writing the purpose for which he took your signature,  which might be now difficult if you feel fradualent see the respected head authorities and the with help of local lawyer file a suit in court for the same

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register