Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

TAMILSELVAN (MANAGER)     11 June 2014

Settlement deed from father to daughter

Dear Sir/Madam,

My father in law had an outstanding housing loan unpaid for several years and the bank had issued notice for repaying within notice period. I have repaid the amount of 25 lakhs and in turn my father in law gave me an registration agreement for 6 months. By this period he registered the property in my wife's name through settlement deed which mentions as " the same was registered as per the request of the daughter and also the interest of the parent ". I simply ignored this as I have no idea of acquiring the property. Now due to some family problem he is saying that even my wife has no right in that property. All original property documents and settlement deed are with me only. If I wish, can i able to evacuate him from that house.. What shall I do for that ? He is threatening us that the deed wont give us full right. What does the Hindu law says ?

Kindly note that the settlement deed was registered in the name of my wife and registration agreement for 6 months was registered in the name of mine in 2010. Can I give a cheating case against him that he has purposefully registered the property in his daughter's name to give away his rights so that the registration agreement becomes invalid ?

S.TAMILSELVAN

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register