LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shikha (house wife)     05 June 2014

Family dispute turned into criminal case

I need advice on the following family problem.

My brother got married to a girl more qualified but of lesser economical status than our family. She was working in a BPO that time and well informed about that my brother was not in a steady job and earning less than her. Since they god married their were always issue in the marriage mainly due to irresponsible behavior of my brother. Although my mother didn't want a working dil but she allowed her to work as ad hoc teacher which she felt is right job when u have a little daughter of 2 yr old and my mother have additional responsibility of my blind father who is in a govt job. We supported the girl to appear in competitive exams of ssb so that she have a safe future.girl use to go her parents house to prepare for exams. Now all the time she behaved as ideal bahu and last she went to her parents house in July'13 for preparation but she got a job n started working she gave reason that her office near to her place she needs to stay at her parents house and insisted my brother to move there and a ego clash started. Now in may we get a letter to appear in CAW cell. We already have an irresponsible brother to tackle and this letter is causing a mental torture to my old parents who already crying for their grand daughter. One important thing to mention the girl married my brother in arya samaj mandir in her mothers presence then later we had to agree for a Hindu ritual marriage for society sake. The father of girl first gave us a call asking property share and then filled a complaint in May'14.

Please advice

Learning

10 Replies

Gautam Kapoor (IT professional Studying Law)     05 June 2014

if your brother was wayward  and irresponsible let him mend his ways and let him seek a compromise with his wife.In this way both the families will be spared of the legal proceedings which will unnecessary take its toll on you and your old parents.

Issue here is girl parents actually ask us property share which is hard earned of my blind father . they are after money not for new start for their daughter. The girl father who never had a good relation with us taking advantage of situation.

Gautam Kapoor (IT professional Studying Law)     05 June 2014

agree but since it looks like your brother was a major factor for her father able to take advantage of the situation, advised for your brother to make necessary responsible amends for your family's safety.

LAST REPLY

The girl is not talking to her husband and saying to see him n his family in court.

SURAJIT (Student)     05 June 2014

Dear Sikha

Your whole family story is understood but what is the point you want to ask or know?

is there any criminal case filed ?

any case related to Family court filed ?

or what do you want to know

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     05 June 2014

someone from your family should appear in CAW cell separately and make them understand the whole situation about your brother and his wife.

They have no right on your parents property. So you should seek bail for everyone except the husband and fight the cases on merits.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

If you don't fight for what you want, don't cry for what you LOST.

What is the procedure of getting bail  in such cases and how much it cost ?

SURAJIT (Student)     05 June 2014

Dear Sikha

have they filed any criminal case againt you all if yes then you can think of Anticipatory bail.

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     05 June 2014

You should appoint an advocate, he would apply for Anticipatory Bail on your behalf.

It is an application made u/s 438 CrPC for grant of AB. In state likes Delhi, Punjab and Haryana no one except husband is arrested and mostly they easily get AB.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

If you don't fight for what you want, don't cry for what you LOST.

Shikha (house wife)     06 June 2014

Thank you shonee for your advice.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register