Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

i m crazzy (None)     02 June 2014

Time frame for filling domestic voilence

Hi ,

My Wife Has Left My Home on 19 Jan 2013 And She Has Filled Domestic Violence Case On 15 Feb 2014 as she has already mentioned same in Maintenance Case ( crpc125 ) that she has left in Jan 2013.

I just want to know that can she filled the case after 1 year as i have some doubt that the domestic violence case can be filled within 1 year , also can she filled the case against my Mother.

Also When i seen the case status i found stage process to opponent, exactly i dont know what it means ?

Thanks

Learning

4 Replies

JAYARAJ, NOTARY PUBLIC (Advocate & Notary Public)     02 June 2014

There is no time limitation for filing Domestic Violence case against the respondents. The woman respondent can be included in the case. Even though the maintenance case is pending there is no restriction to file D.V case.

rahul yadav (Student)     03 June 2014

Sir,

I got married on dated 30/04/2013. The girl's father before marriage told to us she is studing in twelth standard. and provide us fake certificate. while after marrige i found that girl is illiterate. girl don't want to try or go for further study. and girl party also pressurise to me if i force to her for study he will dig me dowry act. in this situation, can i apply for divorce in.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     03 June 2014

@ I am crazy:  You cannot prevent her from filing any case against you at any time, she has already decided to torture you by all means, resultant is the DV case against you and your mother, she may be planning for 498A and dowry prohibition cases too, watch for it.  Better take precautions for it by obtaining AB and then visit police station if summoned by police for inquiry on her complaint.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     03 June 2014

@Rahul Yadav: You must see that if her illiteracy is going to bother you to any great extent that this will hamper your future married life?, why do you make so much fuss over her educational qualification?, You should be concerned only if she is otherwise torturing you, not looking after you or not taking care of her matrimonial obligations or that her parents are torturing you or any other kind social evil inflicted on you?  Moreover, do not be so much frustrated over these issues in the dawn of your married life, you still have got to travel a very long distance in your marital voyage, you can convince her at a later stage to pursue her studies, it is in you that how you impress upon her on this issue.  Do not ever think of ruining your sacred institute of marriage for petty and sundry reasons.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register