Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

S Mukherjee (NA)     27 May 2014

Passport SCN - Any impact on VISA / Immigration?

Dear all,

My earlier passport was due to expiry and thus I applied for a re-issue in October 2012 and got the passport a month later and the police verification happened later that year.

On April 2014, I received a show cause notice from the RPO highlighting the below points:

* Adverse police verification report has been received.

* Allegation of "Suppression of facts" in order to get the passport.

* Asking for clarification on why my passport should not be impounded as per 1967 passport act.

So I replied with proper clarification - below are some key points that I've mentioned:

* I was issued a passport earlier as well and this one was a re-issue with no change in name, address or whatever.

* I did appear for the police verification

* I have no idea as to what fact did I suppress and no access to the police verification report (alleged to be adverse).

I sent my response both through email and registered post. The India Post online tracker suggests that the letter has been successfully delivered on 30th April 2014 but I still have not received any further communication from the RPO.

When I track the status of my passport by putting the file number and DOB, it displays "Show Cause Notice" with "Applicant Reply Received On (if any)" being empty - does this mean that they have not yet received my response (but India Post says they delivered it successfully) or its because Passport Seva's site has not yet updated?

My question is:

Will the Show Cause Notice have any impact on getting VISA, clearing immigration?

Please let me know if you need more details.

Thanks in advance.

S Mukherjee.

Learning

13 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     27 May 2014

ImpacT shows on VISA. You can show your response letter copy with ack.  at the time of interview to the officer.

S Mukherjee (NA)     28 May 2014

Originally posted by : ramachary64@gmail.com

ImpacT shows on VISA. You can show your response letter copy with ack.  at the time of interview to the officer.

@ramachary64@gmail.com :

Thank you.

Looking at the current situation as stated above, what according you would be the best way to go about it to ensure no hassles are faced in order to get VISA / clear immigration ?

Will it be worth visiting the RPO in person? If yes, what specific points should I raise so that this SCN gets closed?

Adv. Dhamale (Lawyer)     26 June 2014

There are only 2 primary point.....the basis for negative report and issuance of scn and how to get teh same closed/withdrawn.

SAMIT MANDOL (Software Professional)     05 July 2014

Hi Mr S Mukherjee, Today I received a SCN from regional passport office on the same ground as you mentioned . In my case as well it was a reissue of passport, that I received on Oct 2013. I did not face any issue during police verification. I am not sure under what ground SCN was issued. Could please help me in this regard if you have already visited RPO whether you got clarification on the two points mentioned by Mr.Dhamale. Thanks in advance for all your help and support. S Mandol

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     06 July 2014

contact passport office

SAMIT MANDOL (Software Professional)     06 July 2014

Thanks a lot Mr Sudhir Kumar

suraj (exucutive)     27 September 2014

Dear Mukherjee

Hi This is suraj singh please let me know have face any problem during immigration after show cause notice

thanks

suraj singh

S Mukherjee (NA)     27 September 2014

Hi, The SCN didn't cause any trouble during immigration, both abroad and in India. But before applying for visa, i did visit rpo and submitted my response there and the status of SCN got changed immediately in passport website - not sure if this had any impact on smooth visa and immigration experience. Hope this helps. Cheers.

adityak   14 May 2015

Dear Mr Mukherjee,

I am facing same issue. I received the SCN letter and I also replied to it by visiting RPO office and submitting my clarification letter.

I just want to know - What was the SCN status after your report was clear? How much time did it take to clear your SCN letter/PVR report?

Thanks in advance.

S Mukherjee (NA)     14 May 2015

@adityak

Not sure how much time it took to actually clear the SCN - I submitted my response to RPO on around May 2014 and I just recently (about a month ago) checked my passport status and found that the SCN no longer shows up.

In the interim i.e. the time between submission of my reply to RPO and clearance of SCN, the status tracker page was showing as "applicant's reply received on <the day I visited the RPO with my response letter>" in the SCN section.

Hope this helps!

Cheers.

adityak   14 May 2015

Thanks a ton, Mr Mukherjee.

Same is the status for me right now. It states "Applicant reply received on 12/05/2015".

I will track the application status till the time I am here in India. I hope that nothing comes up when I travel abroad in my case.

Pamela   31 July 2017

@adityak

Hi,

Did you face any issue when you travelleved abroad , with a scn against your passport with status as applicant reply received?

Regards,

Pamela

Toran Sahu   17 October 2019

Please help,

Can I get visa (clear my immigration) I my SCN is not closed but acknowledged.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register