LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

kulwinder singh (officer)     25 May 2014

Name of wife omitted from Will

My cousins have a made an unregistered Will late claiming that my late father has left them all of his property. I believe the Will to be fake and a case has been registered by the local police. A civil case filed by my cousins is running concurrently. On the Will myself and my brothers names are mentioned but not my mother's name (she is currently abroad). I understand it raises suspicions but my question is that the fact that my mother's name isn't mentioned does that make the Will invalid? Thank you for your assistance.

Learning

2 Replies

G. Y. Sharma (Advocate)     25 May 2014

Dear Mr. kulwinder singh,

A WILL Deed need never be a registered one. It has to be executed in free will and in a sound and disposing state of mind. It need not necessarily reveal the names of all the family members. The non-mention of your mother's name in the Will Deed doesnot disentitle the Will for the very same reason. You have ample opportunity to disprove the so called Will by sending the disputed signatures of your father alleged to have been made in the Will to the Handwriting Experts of The Forensic Science Laboratories for comparison with the authenticated signatures of your father obtained under due process.

Anyhow wish you all the best.

Truly yours,

G. YADAGIRI SHARMA,

M. Com., LL.M.,

G. AMRUTHA KUMARI,

M. Com., LL.M.,

ADVOCATES

H. No. 2-1-178/1, 100 Feet Road

Vidyaranyapuri, Hanumakonda.

WARANGAL DISTRICT – 506 001

*: 98 493 45 755 – *: 99 66 45 66 85

gysharmaadv@gmail.com

G. Y. Sharma (Advocate)     25 May 2014

Dear Mr. kulwinder singh,

A WILL Deed need never be a registered one. It has to be executed in free will and in a sound and disposing state of mind. It need not necessarily reveal the names of all the family members. The non-mention of your mother's name in the Will Deed does not invalidate the Will for the very same reason. You have ample opportunity to disprove the so called Will by sending the disputed signatures of your father alleged to have been made in the Will to the Handwriting Experts of The Forensic Science Laboratories for comparison with the authenticated signatures of your father obtained under due process.

Anyhow wish you all the best.

Truly yours,

G. YADAGIRI SHARMA,

M. Com., LL.M.,

G. AMRUTHA KUMARI,

M. Com., LL.M.,

ADVOCATES

H. No. 2-1-178/1, 100 Feet Road

Vidyaranyapuri, Hanumakonda.

WARANGAL DISTRICT – 506 001

*: 98 493 45 755 – *: 99 66 45 66 85

gysharmaadv@gmail.com