LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Pravesh (SE)     27 May 2014

Name change at different places

My matriculation certificate is having name as "Pravesh Kumar Rai" & the same is mentioned in my Driving License & Passport. Later I moved to Maharashtra state for higher education & my name got changed to "Pravesh Ramchandra Rai" (Father's name as the middle name) & the same is mentioned in PAN card & for other financial purposes.

Even though both names are technically same, do I've to make name change in my Passport from "Pravesh Kumar Rai" to "Pravesh Ramchandra Rai"? OR use ALIAS field in the Passport to reflect both of these names to avoid any conflicts down the line?

Thanks.

Learning

3 Replies

Adv. Noel Joseph (Advocate/Lawyer)     27 May 2014

It is better you use ALIAS field or you notify in the official gazette and fix to a single name...............or else while trying for jobs abroad your application might get rejected..........

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     27 May 2014

passport officials consider your name as mentioned on your birth and SSC certificates only

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     30 May 2014

In case of change of name, applicant should insert advertisements in two reputednewspapers (one local newspaper of the area in which he/she is residing and 2nd innewspaper of the area of permanent address) and submit original newspapers at the time of applying for passport in his/her new name.
Use Annexure-E affidavit and attach it to the passport application to solve your issue.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register