Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

BHARTI KOTHARI (practising advocate)     25 May 2014

Seperation of 138 trial

Hello sir,

I am facing trial under 138 case. The complainant has filled complaint under s.138 for cheque biuncing in which he has made me and my partner and firm as accused. I am staying at andhra and the case is filled at Borivali, Mumbai.

I have already filled my plea by affidavit but since the advocate stated that the other partner has not appeared and hence the same could not be taken on record.

There is collusion between the other partner and complainant and therefore inspite of taking warrant against him complainant is not executing the same against him.

I have also tendered the exemption application for permananet exemption but the same is pending since plea is not recorded and every time I have to come all the way from the Andhra.

I say that i have no role to  play but it is for either complainat to file evidence or to other partner to give his plea.

Kindly advice me as to what I can do, I can not remain present on each and every date as the amount involved is only 50000/-.

further the complainant wants to discharge the complaint against other partner as earlier he has promissed to him to make his part of payment. can he do this ?

Learning

3 Replies

Lawyer SALEEMA (Advocate Madras High Court & Legal Consultant Chennai Law in Law Firm. +91-9698884779)     25 May 2014

You can ask the court to dispose the exemption petition first and speedy manner on the ground that the very purpose of filing the said petition is getting defeated. If the said exemption petition is allowed in your favour, it is well and good. Otherwise, you have to approach the higher court for your remedy.

As for as your other query is concerned the complainant is having liberty to withdraw the case against any one of the accused or against all, as he wishes.

k.kumar raja (advocate)     25 May 2014

lawyer saleeme is right.

Yadanand Legal help (maintenance divorce remarriage = yourscrew@gmail.com)     25 May 2014

When amount is small you should settle since otherwise you are spending in attending courts.

Apart from exemption other please for jurisdiction and other issues can be filed in lower court depending on the complaint to stall the case.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register