Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

TIMOTHY SCHIERLING (None relevant)     31 October 2009

Can our baby travel to Indonesia without a passport?

I am a US citizen in India, fiancee is Indonesian. Can our baby leave India for Indonesia without a passport?
I live and work in India on an employment visa (Type E). My fiancee is here to marry me on a tourist visa (Type XV). We are of different faiths, so cannot marry in Indonesia. India allows inter-faith marriage, but will not allow registration of marriage when both are non-Indian. We can marry on a Princess Cruise (captain authorized under Bermudan law), but cannot board until after baby is born. We plan to marry en route, go to Indonesia to get passport for baby and dependent visas for mom and baby. So can baby travel with us without passport?

Learning

7 Replies

A V Vishal (Advocate)     31 October 2009

No the baby cannot travel without a valid passport or travel documents.

PJANARDHANA REDDY (ADVOCATE & DIRECTOR)     31 October 2009

U SHOULD APPLY PASSPORT TO UR WOULD BE CHILD,AFTER 90 DAYS BIRTH

Kiran Kumar (Lawyer)     31 October 2009

passport is a document must and provides for the identification of a person in all respects....legally ur child can not travel without passport.

Sachin Bhatia (Advocate)     31 October 2009

No a baby cannot travel abroad without a  passport.

(Guest)

No. without passport even one hour old age baby also can not travel.

(Guest)
As Mr.P. Sathya Prakash says it is correct if he or she born in mid air. Only the father can apply US passport for the child if he is an American. As you mentioned that your fiancee is Indonesian. If she is a Muslim she can not endorce child's name in her passport with out marrying you. Muslims says that it is Harram with out marrage sermony.

meenu katuria (student)     05 November 2009

no ur baby cant fly without the passport its illegal to fly without the passport u pl apply 4 the passport of ur baby

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register