Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ricky (sw engg)     24 May 2014

Refusing my wife to do mtech, does it amount to cruelty?

Dear Experts,

I am facing 498a, domestic violence, crpc 125 etc

I have a call recording in which I am refusing my wife to do MTech, Does it amount to cruelty?

Please guide me in this situation:

I got married when My wife was in 4th semester MCA.

When she completed MCA 5th semester, she wished to do MCA Industrial training from City_A. ( I was in City_B , I wanted her do training from City_B).

After completing MCA 5th semester she was asking for doing MTech.

I was eagerly waiting for her to start a life together.

I think Call itself conveys that :

• She was not interested to start a marriage .
  • She was avoiding living together with husband under one roof .
  • She is making  her studies, the reason for avoiding me

I can not edit/split the call because it would invalidate the evidence. 

My situation in the call is :

In call ....

• I am telling her that MCA is sufficient degree to start career.
  • I am insulting her degree (MCA).
  • I am saying the she completed it more like formality without gaining knowledge.
  • I am saying that her MCA is worthless.
  • I have evaluated her knowledge in last 1 year.
  • I am saying people who do MTech after MCA are fools / mads.
  • I am saying that if she had not been married to me and would have been asked me for suggestion of doing MTech after MCA, I would have been slapped her twice.
  • I am asking her that does I beat her? she is replying hmmm. She is saying that I am mostly angry on her.
  • I am asking her that does she sees her life with me as boring and without excitement and her life restricted to one room in City_B. She replied its all obvious.
  • I am asking her to support me , take care of me, stay with me. I am asking her can she take responsibility of me. she is replying DONT KNOW.
  • I am giving her 2 options , either she must do job if she want to, or she must stay at home with me.
  • I am saying higher education after MCA is no option for her.
  • I am saying that My cousin's  wife is doing PHD after doing MSc . In my opinion that girl is not RIGHT.She must start doing some job instead of studing and she must have been start living with her husband. 

Does the above call will be a evidence against the husband?

In reality she was asking for  divorce everyday . She was saying that  she does not want to continue marriage as she is too young (22 years,  I am 31 years) . This is arrange marriage. She managed to  make her parents against me. Now have filed 100% false cases against me . My career is ruined , I lost job due to  false case.

Her parents come to our house with her and  abused my parents and written  defaming statements on walls regarding my parents.

We ignored the incident completely. Her brother is lawyer and she managed to call police and got  MLC  to trigger this false case.

Marriage was without dowry . I have even paid her MCA fee.  I got no penny from them . But me and my parents are running around the courts for last 2 years. Being jobless, only proofs I have is the call records of  my wife and her parents.

Please guide me.

Thanks & Regards 

Learning

1 Replies

Gautam Kapoor (IT professional Studying Law)     24 May 2014

if the girl does not want to stay with you she will make 1001 reasons to get away from you,if she indeed wants to stay with you 1 reason should be enough.

you are advised to seek legal recourse from a good reputed criminal lawyer.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register