LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

neha (associate)     14 April 2014

Laibility of police officer to provide report

please tell me under which section the police officer is bound to provide the police report...proceeding related to the property....

Learning

5 Replies

dear i made a police complaint regarding the wrong full possesion of property..now police officer providing verbal information but denied providing any report...so how can i get the report....i want to know that under which section he is liable and cannot deny providing his report

dear i made a police complaint regarding the wrong full possesion of property..now police officer providing verbal information but denied providing any report...so how can i get the report....i want to know that under which section he is liable and cannot deny providing his report

Mahesh R. Sonawane (Lawyer/Fight for justice)     14 April 2014

Hi, whether your complaint is converted in FIR?,

IF it is FIR, then the police can investigate the matter and file report/chargesheet to the court.

If your complaint is not converted into FIR then you have to apply to the Magistrate court U/s. 156(3) of Criminal Procedure code, thereafter, the concern Magistrate can direct the police authorities to file report or investigate the matter.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     15 April 2014

Did the police officer register your complaint and gave you an acknowledgment for it?, If so, you can follow it up or you can approach the higher police officer for the lethargic attitude of thee said police officer towards your complaint.  You will certainly get some relief.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     16 April 2014

at this stage the way out suggested by Mr Kalaiselvan can be tried.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register