Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

arjun (Others)     13 April 2014

I was booked under the section of 324 IPC in 2006 when I was just about 18 years old.

I had some heated argument with my neighbor and he had given false information to police to lodge an FIR as he succeeded to make police to register an IPC 324 against me. Since then I have appeared for all dates in courtroom to make this matter resolved as early as possible. Few years after I came to know that now complainant is no more alive amd died because of disease but still his relative (sister) wants to run a trail on his behalf just to cause harassment to me and my family.

The case had two witnesses both of whom had denied that the incident had ever occurred and telling to court that accused had never really hit a complainant. On taking an account the testimony of witnesses and since no other proof can be produced in the courtroom, I want to know what can be possible outcome for this. This case has caused a lot to me both professionally and financially as I am the only earning member of the family, I will be thankful to get some word of advice from you.

Learning

6 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     13 April 2014

In the absence of strong evidences against you, the same will be disposed by acquitting you, what is your lawyer's opinion?

arjun (Others)     13 April 2014

Dear Sir, Thanks for your reply. My lawyer says not to worry about this. But the reason I asked this question on the forum is that all the arguments from both the parties are done in the courtroom and since last three occasions I am just receiving extended court dates from honorable judge without much happenings. I do not know whether this delaying is the part of the court procedures or else.

Advocate Ravinder (Advocate/Attorney)     13 April 2014

As told by Kalaiselvan, you will be acquited.  Keeping in consideration of your tender age and mainly because of the evidence of witness is in your favour and against the prosecution. 

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     14 April 2014

let the qcuittal be there and then thnk.

MohammedRaffiq Bijapur (Advocate)     14 April 2014

Hello Arjun

See only on the stray set of facts u disclosed we cannot decide the outcome of result of the case. Ur advocate is the master of ur case he knows better so have faith in him. And as regards getting adjourment of dates for last 3 hearing occasions after conclusion of arguments, means.., probably the judgment might not be ready.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     16 April 2014

agreed with Mr Mhd Raffiq

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register